Stuart Park School, one of Darwin’s oldest primary schools is situated approximately 3 km from the centre of Darwin.
Located on Nudl Street, it is surrounded on three sides by residential dwellings and backs onto bushland and mangroves which go to Tiger Brennan Drive. These mangroves form part of Darwin Harbour.
The school was refurbished in during 1998/1999 and now has:
- a preschool which caters for two groups daily
- a modern library
- an early childhood classroom block
- a middle – upper primary classroom block
- two covered assembly areas ( one with a stage area)
- an administration block
- an after school care facility
- a basketball/tennis court
- four playground facilities, one being a large shade cloth covered area
- and an oval used for football, cricket & athletics